Assists in production of ESPN Radio content for over-the-air and digital distribution with an emphasis on evening and weekend news and information based programming; also leads select blocks of programming within evening and weekend broadcast window; works daily with Program Director and Producers on short and long range content planning.
- Works with producers in developing, enhancing, and advancing specific story ideas and concepts both in daily productions and for long term planning; understands and executes ESPN Audio priorities in planning show rundowns and integrating with other ESPN platforms and initiatives; leads select blocks of programming from control room.
- Demonstrates sounds understanding of sports content and programming principles designed to meet ratings objectives with Portable People Meter (PPM) measured audiences.
- Assists in the compiling and editing of materials necessary for production on the network and owned and operated programming; helps producers to ensure production adheres to format and procedural guidelines; helps to monitor all in-program billboards and promotional announcements.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of relevant sports stories and newsmakers;
- helps to book relevant guests for program appearances accordingly.
- Must be willing to work evening and weekend programming shifts.
- Maintains and displays a professional attitude and appearance at all times; develops and demonstrates leadership skills both in the control room and the department.
· Minimum three years experience in sports network production or four years experience in local sports radio production
· High School Diploma
· Bachelor’s Degree in communications preferred.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all
Anyone interested in applying for this open position, or any open positions at ESPN, should do so online at www.ESPNCareers.com. You can also apply for the Associate Producer I position at ESPN Chicago by clicking on the link below.