Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms.
· Writes and orders news stories.
· Approves scripts.
· Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts.
· Edits video and posts video to the website.
· Writes stories for the website and other digital platforms.
· Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
· Maintains accuracy and integrity in news products delivered.
· Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state and federal law.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
· Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
· Minimum one year producing preferred.
· Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Ability to multi-task, deal with extreme deadline pressure, and react/coordinate coverage under live breaking news situations is crucial.
· Flexibility to work any shift.
To apply go to: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/6678