Cape Girardeau, a charming riverfront city with a growing business community, good schools, thriving university, outstanding parks and outdoor opportunities, offers an excellent quality of life.
As the successful candidate of this multi-media operation, the General Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, a forward-thinking vision and driving innovation to improve station performance. The successful candidate must engage and lead a high-performing team while executing the long-term vision of the station. The position reports to a Regional Group Vice President.
· Full accountability for all aspects of the station; including sales, marketing, content and overall operation
· Drives revenue and market share growth across multiple Raycom platforms
· Designs and delivers programming in order to drive revenue growth/ratings
· Represents Raycom within the community while building positive relationships with viewers, advertisers, clients, etc.
· Maximizes profit opportunities with the core/national/new media business.
· Develops short, intermediate, and long-term market strategies
· Provides accurate forecasting to develop and manage the annual budgets
· Identifies and delivers opportunities to grow multi-platform content and distribution
· Builds a great station culture
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully performing in a senior broadcast media management position (GM experience preferred)
· A proven track record of achieving financial/strategic objectives
· Bachelor's degree in broadcast or related field preferred
· Demonstrated active leadership, communication, and staff development/retention/advancement
· A history of successful leadership, positive station culture, and innovation
Are you up for the challenge? If so, Raycom is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits programs. Interested candidates should apply online. No phone calls please.