WMBD, Central Illinois’ #1 News and Talk station, is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic producer to join one of our live and local talk shows and also become the second voice on the show. Our talk product is more about entertainment than politics. We strive to deliver remarkable content in a fun, interesting, and compelling style that attracts the targeted audience, builds on-air ratings, and engages digital users.
You’ll join our dominant group and work in a high-energy culture, alongside other talented media personalities and a killer creative team. Plus, you’ll work for Duke Wright’s Midwest Communications, one of the most respected and committed companies in the industry.
Desired duties, skills and experience include:
* Produce a daily on-air radio show for broadcast and streaming entertainment with demonstrated creativity, imagination, and ability to help develop story-telling and establishing a strong relationship with the audience.
* In any on-air capacity, clearly convey an upbeat and fun personality.
* Create and grow content on other platforms, such as social media, podcasts, blogs, video and web.
* Demonstrate aptitude and attitude to work in a fast and accurate manner under pressure.
* Stay socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions.
* Possess basic computer and software skills and have basic knowledge of social media platforms, and have capacity to learn new systems quickly.
* Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures as well as FCC guidelines, and help protect the licenses of our stations.
* Maintain a valid driver license and clean driving record, which are required for hiring.
You must be self-motivated and have a true desire to win for the right reasons. If this sounds like an opportunity you’d like to pursue, please send resume, cover letter, and any on-air demos if you have them, to email@example.com.
Midwest Communications, Inc. is privately owned and operated with 82 radio stations in eight states. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer by choice.